Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Head Over Heels!

I spotted this gem on the shelf at the library today, and grabbed it because of the gorgeous, fun cover and for the title: Shoe Baby. Erik is my "shoe baby". He adores shoes and is constantly stealing one of all of everyone else's shoes in the house!

To my delight, this book is even better than I had hoped. The parents are "Mama and Papa" and the baby has grand adventures in the shoe (one of his Papa's)... flying, sailing the seven seas, having tea with the King and Queen, etc. and always saying, "How do you do?" in each rhyme.

The wonderful illustrations are done by Polly Dunbar, the author Joyce's daughter. It is absolutely magical, and on my list to buy!! Obviously, I LOVE this one. Oh, and Erik and Madeline both LOVED it too.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I Love the use of Lie-berry. Katelyn still says it that way. You are blog crazy!! But I love to read them, so I'm not complaining.

-K said...

hehehehe...I was sliding this one under the radar, but yes, I am blog crazy. I can admit it. It's just that the books are so great and I want to be able to keep track of them for future reference. Hmmm...maybe Katelyn (or even John) can be guest authors on this blog sometime since they are no doubt finding great kids' book treasures on their lie-berry outings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin