Friday, November 14, 2008

Potty Training Books

When searching for potty training books last year, I browsed many at book stores, read reviews on Amazon, and checked out two different Books To Grow on book kits (on potty training) from the library. None of the options from the library were my style (especially the one featuring a baby duck who takes off his diaper and goes potty in a cooking pot... yeah... my kids don't need any wise ideas in that regard!)

Anyway, I finally decided on two books, purchased them, and they continue to be faves. In fact, Erik now asks for Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi by saying, "I wanna read the one... somebody's poopin'..." and Potty Time by Parker K. Sawyer, "Read me Peein' time, Mama! Please!!"

Potty Time includes hand washing, covers Sesame characters at all stages of training, and has a "flushable" final page. We still remind Madeline that she needs to try to use the bathroom prior to leaving the house, "Just like Zoe always does!" It works.

Everyone Poops is humorous, straightforward and direct (without being too detailed or scientific) and is perfect for kids learning about how their bodies work.

1 comment:

The Cunningham Clan said...

I know you don't know me but I have to say, I LOVE Everyone Poops! That is a great book. Books are a big part of my life and my children's lives. If you get a chance you should also check out my site, www.kidswantbooks.com. Our books are educational and interactive. My 3 year old is constantly wanting to read. I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin