Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Is Coming...

I had The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia M. Scarry when I was a kid, and it was one of my favorite books. It's a scratch and sniff book, with pine, apple pie, orange, gingerbread, candy cane and hot cocoa... I might be missing one, but that's from memory. The scents are perfect and delectable.

When I saw this book at Barnes & Noble in December '05, I snapped it up! Madeline was only 4 months old, but I had to get this book for me! And, I knew she'd love it some day. It's one of the kids' favorite holiday books, and I've also given it as gifts to several kids.

The story is of Little Bear waiting for Christmas, and that he knows it's coming and it's "... almost here" by the scents of the holiday that surround him. It's a classic that will become a favorite. Trust me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin