Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Delighted!

I can't believe that I've gone this long without reading the Freckleface Strawberry books by Julianne Moore! I've known of them for awhile, but today at the library, they jumped off the shelf at me, and I'm so very thankful. They are delightful. A spunky, sweet heroine who learns to love herself, freckles and all (I love freckles). And, this little gal reminds me of my sister, Shannon. Well, really she's my sister-in-law, but since I don't have a biological sister, I claim her as my sis.

Like Freckleface Strawberry, my sis is all grown up and still has gorgeous freckles, and red hair. And, also like this heroine, she's a tough cookie who knows how to handle a bully.

In addition to the great stories in these books, the art (by LeUyen Pham) is brilliant. Lively, fun, energetic, emotive—and the heroine is a snappy dresser too!

My kids, and my nieces I think, are going to need these books in their personal libraries! Hooray for being unique!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin