Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Saved By The Pie

I'd forgotten how great Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish is, until I read this to the kids the other night. They loved it. Adored it. Cracked up over it—especially the part about dressing the chicken.

We had some great discussions during and after reading, then had to read it again, and again. But I don't mind at all. Amelia Bedelia makes me smile.

Coincidentally, the night that we read this was the night that we took a lemon meringue pie to our friend Diane's house for dessert. Which Amelia Bedelia makes first thing on the first day of her new job. And, good thing for her too since she makes a great pie, but is very literal in everything else she does... wreaking all sorts of havoc all over the house!

So, I'm not sure if the kids connected with the story because of the humor or the pie, but they're sold! We've already stocked up on a bevy of additional Amelia Bedelia titles ("...goes camping," "... and the baby," etc.) Hmm... I've got a hankering for some lemon meringue pie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin