- How do dinosaurs say I love you? / Jane Yolen
- Amelia Bedelia / by Peggy Parish****They are huge fans. We ended up getting many more the week after we read the first, and Gramma sent us a bunch too!
- E.B. White's Charlotte's web****Loved it!
- Kate and the beanstalk / written by Mary Pope Osborne****Wonderful twist to this tale! We always love tough heroines .
- Alphabeasties and other amazing types / by Sharon Werner and Sarah Forss****Wonderful book! Glorious fonts!!
- Roots, shoots, buckets & boots : gardening together with children / Sharon Lovejoy****Fave gardening book. We are making the Sunflower House this year.
- Long Night Moon / by Cynthia Rylant ****LOVE Cynthia Rylant. LOVE this book that follows the moon through the year.
- Fairy tale dinners : a cookbook for young readers and eaters/tales retold by Jane Yolen; recipes by Heidi E.Y. Stemple ****This is only the dinner's chapter to the Fairy tale feasts book.
- Let's do nothing! / Tony Fucile
- Martina, the beautiful cockroach : a Cuban folktale / retold by Carmen Agra Deedy
- Gone fishing : ocean life by the numbers / David McLimans
- Fairy tale feasts : a literary cookbook/fairy tales retold by Jane Yolen ; recipes by Heidi E.Y. Stemple ****Check this out. It is brilliant.
- The French chef with Julia Child. Disc 3, Baking, desserts, and other classics [videorecording]****Love Julia. The kids did too, especially Madeline.
- My heart is like a zoo / Michael Hall****Fun craft idea!
- Here's a little poem : a very first book of poetry / collected by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters****This would make a beautiful baby shower or young child's birthday gift. Famous poets, gorgeous illustrations by Polly Dunbar and collected by Jane Yolen. Can't be beat!
- Amelia Bedelia goes camping / Peggy Parish
- Teach us, Amelia Bedelia / Peggy Parish
- How mama brought the Spring / Fran Manushkin
- I can dress myself! / by Birte Müller
- Amelia Bedelia's first Valentine : have a heart, Amelia Bedelia! / by Herman Parish
- My kindergarten / Rosemary Wells
- Come back, Amelia Bedelia / by Peggy Parish
- Amelia Bedelia and the baby / Peggy Parish
- Charlotte's web : the essential guide / written by Amanda Li****The kiddos insisted on this. They now love Charlotte and Wilbur!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Book Bag: February
Humor (Amelia Bedelia), Fairy Tales, Classics (Charlotte's Web), and a little Julia Child on DVD amused in February... Madeline was especially entertained by the black and white segments of The French Chef, and really like the Queen of Sheba Cake and Mousse Au Chocolat. ****Faves are noted below.