Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fun, Practical, Quick

Need some fast solutions for handling daily issues with your fast-growing "babies?" You know, those pipsqueaks who it seems like you brought home as sweet bundles a few weeks ago... or (Yikes!) was it years?! How does the time fly, and how does a busy parent keep up? Learn from the experts, I say! And, who knows better about the daily handling of the under-6 set? Kindergarten Teachers!!!

I cannot tell you how overjoyed I was to find What Kindergarten Teachers Know by Lisa Holewa and Joan Rice. While searching out picture books that introduced going to Kindy (for Madeline), I stumbled upon this listing at our library.

And, Holewa and Rice's book did not disappoint. In fact, I bought it, and am very likely to gift this baby! It includes five pages of additional resources at the end of the book, which I will likely look into, but right now I'm busy implementing their amazing advice!

Perhaps my favorite thing about their "advice" though, is that it's practical, fun, respectful (in that not all things work for all kids) and the #1 goal is to make sure kids know they are loved. And, isn't that really what it's all about?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin